Doorphones offer convenience and security for any business. Depending on the needs of the environment, digital door stations may allow internal staff to not only speak with someone who is outside, but also to easily allow the visitor to enter to the office, warehouse, facility or residence.
Like with any business phone system, digital doorphones can be connected to the Avaya IP Office base unit in a variety of ways, providing design flexibility based upon your specific needs.
All of the IP Office base units include an external output port, which enables the end user to gain access to the office premises through default system short codes, via the optional Avaya Phone Manager Pro application, and through the optional Avaya VoiceMail Pro application. The flexibility of the Avaya Phone System (more details here) provides the ability for short codes to be customised to a code more desirable for staff and users. By using the Avaya Phone Manager Pro application, your staff can label the icons within the application with a descriptive name such as Warehouse Entry, Front Door or Side Entrance etc.
When it comes to VoiceMail Pro, it’s flexibility allows the visitor to enter a predetermined code from the phone to grant access. This example is particularly useful in areas when co-workers are working at another site. Additionally, many telephone door-stations can be connected to station or trunk ports available on IP Office.
The Avaya IP Office system offers three door-station solutions to choose from:
- Universal Doorphone System
- Kalika Communications Doorphone Entry System
- Interquartz Doorphone
Universal Doorphone System:
- This digital door-station system consists of a controller and a speaker.
- The speaker is mounted securely on the wall and is connected to the controller, which typically resides in the equipment room of your office. The controller is connected to a trunk port on the phone system PBX box.
- Staff who’s handset in programmed with the door-phone trunk appearance, will be notified when a visitor has pressed the “Push” button located on the weatherproof speaker intercom unit..
- Each controller unit allow support for two speakers (For example Front Door and Back Door).
- Custom ringing mode distinguishes intercome doorphone calls from standard external phone calls.
- Call waiting tones indicate which door station is calling, and help distinguish an intercome call from an external line call.
- Calls can even be placed “on hold” when visitors call from the doorphone.
- Commercial or residential security is provided via 2way handsfree communication from a door or gate.
Kalika Communications Doorphone Entry System:
- This unit supports a doorway intercom system with up to 46 keys.
- The intercom system can be programmed to allow multiple users/staff to answer and control the operation of the door – and can be used with both single and multiple door entry solutions.
- This type of solution is ideal for apartment complexes, or where you are using multi-floor tenanting (different companies on different floors), and require their own unique door entry solution per business.
- The Kalika Communications Control Unit is available in several versions and is equipped to provide two-way voice communications, electrical lock control for remote opening, and even label lamps.
- These units are also weatherproof and remotely programmable, which makes them great for servicing.
Interquartz Doorphone (Highly Recommended):
- With the Interquarts DoorStations, you have the choice of models (1, 2, and 4 button)
- They come ina very slim design (16mm thick) and strong aluminum casing
- Optional PC configuration
- Remotely programmable via DTMF, which makes them ideal for servicing.
- Connection via analog extension port or trunk port on your Avaya phone system
- Relay lock control
- Backlit inlay cards
- Internal heating system
- Day/Night service
- Combination lock control