Telecommunications that enhance your medical practice.
No profession needs instant, always- on, reliable communications more than health care. Doctors and other providers who are on call must be reachable—delays are unacceptable.
Although accessibility is an important function, today’s telecommunications systems can do much more. With health care costs increasingly, the growing emphasis on technology such as electronic medical records, and more competition between providers, investing in the right communications solution is a intelligent business decision. By choosing the right solution, health care providers like you, can dramatically simplify office procedures, lower costs and improve patient satisfaction – and health.
One of the worlds leading manufacturers, Avaya works with health care providers around the world to help them take advantage of the Avaya IP Office communications system: a single, compact solution that is designed to meet the needs of today’s small and mid-size medical practice (which you can out more about here).
Avaya IP Office: Simplifying communications for health care:
- “Reach me anywhere”: Because healthcare providers, are away from their offices so much, reaching doctors, specialists and other staff —even on their mobile phones—can result in an endless game of “phone tag” and confusion over which number to use. The Avaya IP Office can eliminate the problem by having everyone give out just one phone number—your practice’s main number. When the call is routed to specific staff members handset extension, it will automatically send that call to the mobile, home, or other phone that person uses.
- Patient scheduling: The IP Office can even help your practice maximise its schedule by providing a simple, automatic way of contacting patients and confirming appointments. We all know “No-shows” can result in lost revenue for any medical practice, as well as delaying support and care to other patients. Even a small reduction in the number of no-shows can generate thousands of dollars in revenue, whilst freeing up reception staff who might otherwise make the calls manually. With auto appointment confirmation, the Avaya IP Office can automatically dial scheduled patients and leave a pre-recorded appointment reminders with the options to confirm, cancel or reschedule their consultation.
- Record lookups: When licenced appropriately the Avaya IP Office Phone System, can even “screen pop” the information of a calling patient, so your support staff can view detailed patient data automatically, and answer routine queries that do not need to involve the doctor—saving everyone time and money.
- Communications for at-home work: For a lot of practices, Doctors often work from home and many practices today rely on independent contractors and/or have formal work-at-home policies for office staff. Because of in-built VoIP-based technology, the Avaya solution makes it easy to set up a home office with a remote IP phone handset (see full range) or a softphone on a PC that delivers all of the call handling capabilities of someone working in right their in the practice office.
- Simplify communications across offices: For larger health care practices that have multiple locations, with doctors and consultants seeing patients in different offices on different days, you can use one IP Office system to handle communications across all locations as in they were one building. The Avaya IP Office lets you manage the entire communication system—phone, settings, extension assignments, etc., from one location via a single Windows-based interface. With a well implemented IP solution, you can even pool call handling resources to enable shorter hold times and more qualified people handling the calls across the network of offices.
Interested in more information? Yan can download a PDF version of this report titled: Avaya IP Office Solutions for Health Care